- Pensole Footwear Design Academy – Color Materials Design (1 Week Intensive Course) -2017
- The Shoe Surgeon - Sneaker School - (1 Week Intensive Shoemaking Course) - 2016
- Seth Godin’s altMBA -2016
- Co-op #1 – Quality Engineering – Southco /#2&3– Nuclear Engineering – Tetra Tech Corp
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering – Drexel University
The Shoe Surgeon – 2016-Present – Footwear Manufacturing/Teaching
Teaching Assistant (2016-Present) – Los Angeles, CA
- Teach students the basics of traditional footwear mfg. including: terminology, deconstruction, pattern making, material selection sewing and shoe lasting. Inspire students to bring their footwear ideas to life.
- Assist The Shoe Surgeon with developing course strategy, class curriculum, and course feedback.
Lisi Aerospace – 2013-Present - High Volume Aerospace Manufacturing
Total Productive Maintenance Project Engineer (2016-Present) – Torrance, CA
- Find ways to improve water/oil/energy usage for entire site (200,000 sq/ft).
- Responsible for $4mil capital investment budget for factory upgrades and modernization (IIOT).
- Create and teach TPM system to maintenance team. Machine uptime improvement from <60% to 84%.
Quality Assurance Manager (2015-2016) (stretch assignment) – Torrance, CA
- 50% overtime reduction (9% to 4.5%) through cross training and line balancing.
- 25% increase in shift throughput by removing redundant operations and process standardization.
Site Lean Manufacturing Leader (2013-2015) – Torrance, CA
- Coordinated the $2m reorg of the shopfloor & increased production output by 25%.
- Developed and taught Lean Manufacturing training program to over 700 employees.
Stratasys Direct Digital MFG – 2011-2013 – Rapid Prototyping/Product Development
Manufacturing Project Manager (2011-2013) – Santa Clarita, CA
- Lead for material development, prototype mfg and stress testing of 3-D printed aerospace parts.
- Created and managed injection molded assembly department for medical device products.
Raytheon – 2007-2011 – Aerospace Manufacturing (Defense/Munitions)
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (2007-2011) – El Segundo, CA / Tucson, AZ / Camden, AR
- Implemented ERP shop floor system (SAP) at final assembly missile site (2 day lead time reduction).
- Authored and improved munitions assembly instructions. (Bill of Materials w/ +200 line items)
Thorlabs – 2006-2007 – Microelectronics Manufacturing
Mechanical Design Engineer (2006-2007) – Laurel, MD
- First pass yield increase from 56% to 95% by mistake proofing (Poke-Yoke) assembly processes.
- Assembly tooling redesigns increased output from 3200 to 4800 chipsets/shift (50% increase).
Lean Manufacturing · Project Management · Rapid Prototyping · Product Development · Solidworks · Mechanical Design · Root Cause Analysis · 5S · Reverse Engineering · Strategic Problem Solving · 8D Problem Solving Tools